Sippy Cups are not for Chardonnay – You can buy it!

So, it’s happening. My book is on shelves. Well, a lot of shelves. It’s official pub. date is not until next Tuesday but friends have seen it in stores so that makes me “officially” very excited. By the way, the book can be ordered on Amazon at any time and reviews (that are nice) are encouraged! I think the title should be changed to Sippy Cups are not “necessarily” for Chardonnay, cause in a pinch I’ll drink out of anything.

I’ll be on the Today Show on the 30th. That’s next Thursday morning. Please watch if you’re up that early and you know you are if you have a child. The morning after that (Friday) I’ll be on Fox and Friends which I’ve never even heard of but…if you can find it, watch it. Please.

So, I’m going to NY without my baby. It’s going to be my first time away from her and I’m not happy about it? We’ve been spending an awful lot of time together because my husband’s been gone all week and now I’m more attached than ever. Hopefully, he’ll remember to get her dressed at some point and introduce her to fresh air at least once while I’m gone. I think he’ll be fine cause he’s a good daddy. I don’t think his abusive, bi-polar alcoholic, sociopathic behavior will come out in the few days i’m away. I’m almost positive of that. I mean, he’s changed!

All right fuckers, wish me well.

Posted by Stefanie Wilder Taylor on March 22, 2006 8:30 pmUncategorized17 comments

1. Melissa Delano said,

Good luck on the today show, and Ill be sure to pick up a copy of your book.

| March 22, 2006 @ 8:54 pm

2. Erin said,

Congratulations! I’ll look forward to reading it, and hopefully will catch you on the Today show.

| March 22, 2006 @ 9:08 pm

3. crabbykate said,

I travel for work about three times a year (for a week at a time) and each time I think “hmmmm…will Matt’s meds go all fuckery on him and will he sleep through Alice’s cries in the middle of the night?” Which always gives me a panic attack on the plane as I’m leaving. But then I turn to my good friend Lorazepam (sp??) and remember that she is safe with him. It’s always nerve racking to leave, but then suddenly you will find yourself having a rye & ginger at a nice bar talking about stuff other than bedtime routines and tantrums and you’ll have that moment where you’re like “right! I remember this part of myself.”

It’s always nice to come home again too.

What time are you going to be on the Today Show on the 30th? Do you know?

| March 22, 2006 @ 9:38 pm

4. Imperfect Mommy said,

Fantastic! I will definitely buy my copy and give you a great review. The title alone is worth a thumbs up. Good luck on the media blitz. I will try to catch it for no other reason than to impress people that you are my virtual friend! Watch those Fox and Friends people — especially if you have liberal tendencies. They can smell that a mile away.

| March 22, 2006 @ 10:01 pm

5. surcie said,

Way to go! This is SO exciting. I’ll be sure to pick up a copy of your book, and I’ll look for you on Today.

I watch it regularly, but one thing they do that really irritates me is say, “Thanks so much” to absolutely everything.
    “Time for a check of the weather with Al.”
    “Thanks so much, Katie”
    (Al gives weather report)
    “Back to you, Katie.”
    “Thanks so much, Al.”
    GYAW!

| March 22, 2006 @ 10:14 pm

6. surcie said,

Meant to add: Glad to hear you’re getting some time away from the baby! It’ll be good for you both. I hope you’re able to enjoy it (though I know you’ll be really busy).

| March 22, 2006 @ 10:17 pm

7. MrsFortune said,

Woo-hoo! I watch the Today show every day so I’ll make sure and watch it that day, too! I’ll check out the book, too – and search it on amazon a bunch of times, that makes it go up in ratings doesn’t it? :) Bonne chance!

| March 22, 2006 @ 11:22 pm

8. IzzyMom said,

I’ll look for it at my Borders store down the street and if they have it, I’ll even buy it; just for you, my friend! And I will try my damnedest to catch you on TV. I have a five yr old. You’ll fnd out later that this means I don’t get much TV time when PBS Kids is on. But I’ll do my best. Congratulations!

| March 22, 2006 @ 11:41 pm

9. Schietto Sister said,

I can’t wait to watch the Today show to see you promote your book! How exciting. I have never heard of Fox and Friends, either. Good luck with all of your book-release-events.

| March 22, 2006 @ 11:44 pm

10. scarbie doll said,

That’s awesome. Can’t wait to check it out.

Some Mom Bloggers/authors are choosing to do online blog book tours so they don’t have to leave home as often. Something to consider.

I went away for 3 days to a film festival last year when Nate was 11 months old. I thought it was going to be hell, but I met another filmmaker mom on the flight over (It was a women’s film fest). We got drunk and gushed about our babes and also got to see some great films (though not in that order). She even lent me her breast pump when I forgot mine. It was the most fun I’d had in a long time.

I felt guilty when I realized that I didn’t miss Nate as much as I thought I would. Then I saw his face and realized that he had a rockin’ time at Grandma’s and didn’t miss me that much either. You’re gonna rock. Enjoy your few days of freedom.

| March 22, 2006 @ 11:48 pm

11. sweatpantsmom said,

Congratulations, and good luck!

I’ll be looking for you on the telly.

| March 23, 2006 @ 1:53 am

12. Jess Riley said,

I’m so excited for you I could just about crap. I ordered your book online this afternoon!

And I’ll be looking for you on the teevee!

| March 23, 2006 @ 8:06 pm

I wrote you last week when I received my copy of the book. I just want everyone to know it’s a great read.. Laugh out loud funny in a lot of places! It would be a great gift for everyone on Mother’s Day!

| March 24, 2006 @ 4:18 am

14. Alexa said,

I am going to brave my hatred of morning television to watch you next Thursday, and I cannot wait to read the book…Congratulations!

| March 24, 2006 @ 3:17 pm

15. Mama Kelly said,

GOOD LUCK

Congrats on the book — posted about it on my blog and plan to buy a copy!!!!

| March 24, 2006 @ 9:19 pm

16. Mrs. Chicky said,

Congratulations! I can’t wait to read your book and see you on TV.

| March 25, 2006 @ 2:18 pm

17. kfk said,

I guess I’ll need to make an order at Amazon. The title alone is priceless! Good luck to you.

| March 30, 2006 @ 9:26 pm