Secrets

My husband didn’t like my last post. He felt it was kind of gross and personal and that the internet is not a great forum for gross and personal. Seeing as my husband is a reasonable man who doesn’t beat me on a regular basis, I decided to respect his feelings and take it off. This doesn’t mean I won’t still be personal cause that’s just me but I guess talking about another man doing something kind of gross to my hip was a little too much for the man I’m currently married to.

I don’t think I’ve blogged much about my husband. He likes to keep things on the down low and I guess I just like to spout about tons of personal shit. Not that he shushes me or anything but there’s the look especially when I’m about three Pinot Grigios in that says, “Do you have to tell people everything?” and I guess I do.

Maybe it’s because I never felt “heard” as a child? Maybe it’s because I’m constantly searching for people who relate to me. People who get it. Whatever it is. I’ve always felt different and it makes me feel better when I find out that people aren’t perfect and when they tell me their faults and vulnerabilities and just maybe I do it to get the ball rolling. But let’s get off the analysts couch and dish about my husband whether it makes his skin crawl or not.

He’s awesome. I got very lucky in this department. It’s a long story but we met online. I was new to AOL and was trolling through people’s profiles to see if anyone had a good sense of humor. At that point it was a dating thing but I have to say, I’m not above it to this day. I just went on a blind date with a new friend I met on Myspace! yes, I’m fifteen. But she was really cool, had a funny profile, was married and lived down the street from me. And now we’re madly in love. Anyway, I found J’s profile on AOL and found it to be amusing so I instant messaged him. He didn’t know who the hell I was and was a bit suspicious. But his profile said that he was in television so I said “I understand from your profile that you’re in television. It just so happens that I need to buy a new one. Do you have any tips?” We were off and running from there. four months later we decided to meet for coffee where I quickly decided he wasn’t my type. but I couldn’t just break up with him. That would be lame. He’d think it was all about looks and he was cute. Just not my type or so I thought. So I gave it a few dates and fell hard in love.

He is consistant and loving and level headed and logical. Just like a man. I am emotional, tend to cling to my past, sometimes vindictie but also love him as much as it’s humanly possible to love someone. And, with my backround, I’m always (not always but when under stress) paranoid that he’ll ditch me and my neurosis.

But we are celebrating our 2nd anniversary this Wed. and we’ve been together almost 7 years. We missed Valentine’s day completely because we were in the ER together with our daughter. Isn’t that kind of a Love Is cartoon? Love Is…no chocolate cause your kid is hooked up to an IV. Cute, right?

Posted by Stefanie Wilder Taylor on February 19, 2006 4:56 amUncategorized9 comments

1. Jess Riley said,

I get the same post-Pinot Grigio look from my hubster! Sounds like you have a good one. (Hope the baby is feeling better!)

| February 19, 2006 @ 6:05 am

2. IzzyMom said,

lololol…that’s the best pick up line I’ve ever heard!

| February 19, 2006 @ 6:25 am

3. Heatheranne said,

My husband was supposed to be a one night stand. I met him in a bar and wasn’t looking for a relationship, just sex. But he kept calling me. I told him that I had a baby and if he didn’t accept that, he couldn’t accept me. He looked me in the eyes and said “I wouldn’t respect you if you felt any different.” I knew right then that I’d marry him.

| February 19, 2006 @ 5:40 pm

4. chris said,

I’m glad you have a nice husband. My husband is always appalled by the things I put on my blog, but only because one of his co-workers secret reads it. I say secret because we have statcounter.

Nice pick-up line, by the way.

Hope your daughter is better.

| February 19, 2006 @ 6:32 pm

5. surcie said,

I hope YOU are doing better!

| February 20, 2006 @ 7:38 pm

6. Lena said,

Why is it always the ones that we think aren’t our type that so are?

I always say that I tripped and fell into my relationship with my husband (who sounds alot like yours). I was looking for lunch…and well, I got it. About 354 of them now.

Hope your little bug is feeling better! I off to your previous posts to get the details…

| February 20, 2006 @ 7:50 pm

7. sweatpantsmom said,

Happy (early) Anniversary!

Have a couple of extra Pinot Grigios – it should result in a very entertaining post the next morning.

| February 21, 2006 @ 4:06 am

8. Virenda said,

Okay well you found some one that could relate, ME! :0)

My husband doesn’t really like it when I get super personal and feels hesitant to say the least, he won’t ask me to take it off but I can see he wants me too. I try to respect his wishes and not post a lot about him which pleases him to no end lol.

I am generally honest and open to a fault, mostly because I see nothing wrong with it. So someone knows that I’m not perfect no big deal. ;0)

I met my hubby at a bus stop 7 years ago and gave him my number just because and he REALLY wasn’t my type. I liked the bad boys and he wasn’t bad at all. :0) Things ended up working out and now were married and happy (most of the time) with our children and it’s great.

It was great reading your post, this is my first time so it was a nice introduction to you. I totally get the whole open book thing, I do it to put the other person at ease, weather it works or not I have no idea.

| February 21, 2006 @ 5:54 am

9. Emily said,

This post reasonated with me. My husband was supposed to just be ‘something to do’ for now. I never thought we’d end up married and mad about each. We have almost the same background — I come from a crazy jewish family (in my case, I do mean CRAZY) with a mother who just ‘had’ the celebrate Christmas. My husband (who is not jewish, g-d bless he waspy heart) is level headed where I’m emotional; rational where I am impractical, etc. He keeps me balanced.

Glad that you found a good man. Ironically, I met my husband ‘because’ of my dirtbag ex (mutual friend of me and my husband but I met these friends because they were friends of my ex’s), so at least one good thing came from him :)

| February 26, 2006 @ 2:21 am