Man, That Last Post Was a Downer

Listen,

As a normally humorous human being you must realize that underneath humor is always pain. That’s what antidepressants and therapy are for! And I make use of both! Isn’t it amazing though how much time you have to reflect on the good and bad things in your life when you have a child barely over 2 feet to watch all day long? You’d think that you’d reflect less but oh no, when you have nothing to do but take a walk in the park, your brain does double duty. Wouldn’t it be great to find a way to turn off your brain for a little while? Without the use of drugs. And drugs, by the way, have never been very useful for my semi manic brain. Especially marijuana. I am the worst pot smoker of all time. Or was. I haven’t smoked a dubie since they referred to them as dubies. Okay, maybe not that long ago. But, pot makes me anxious and paranoid and HUNGRY. Weirdly, cocaine was a bad drug for me too. Most people would be chatting away full of ideas that would never come to fruition while I’d be grinding my teeth in a corner trying to stay away from the guy in the Black Sabbath T-shirt. I haven’t done cocaine in a very long time. Like 2 weeks. Okay almost 20 years. God I’m old. Too old to have every tried ecstacy too. Isn’t it funny to be at an age where the thought of trying a new drug is just ludacris? I know I spelled that wrong. Probably spelled Ludacris more like the rapper. But that just shows how hip I still am. I may not be going to a rave high on X but I know who a couple of rappers are. So there. Fuck all y’all!

Posted by Stefanie Wilder Taylor on January 22, 2006 12:26 amUncategorized8 comments

1. Heatheranne said,

I was never a good pot smoker either. I would always get pissed because I had cotton mouth, then try to sleep off the buzz. Never tried coke. However, LSD was a favorite of mine. I’d only done it two times, because I’m smart enough to know that I enjoyed it too much. I’ve pretty much always stuck with alcohol. And, popping pills. When I grow up, I want to be just like Karen on Will and Grace.

| January 22, 2006 @ 4:18 pm

2. Erika Higgins Ross said,

I on the other hand have loved many a drug over the years, which is why the fact that I attempted natural childbirth is downright funny. One of the few times in life that you’re allowed, nay encouraged to take painkillers and I was going to pass on the epidural. Luckily my cervix was so tightly wound I ended up having no choice. But I love this blog. It is my inspiration for blogging. So now I don’t smoke pot or do blow, I just change diapers and blog. Erika
    ps – I just fed my 15 month old artichoke/spinach/cheese dip for dinner.

| January 23, 2006 @ 2:33 am

3. Misfit Hausfrau said,

Pot and hash did nothing but make me ravenous and lethargic. My one and only acid trip was 13 hours of pure hell because I didn’t do it with people I trusted. My friend from college kept saying, “Wait til I come home from Thanksgiving so you’ll be safe.” Whatever.

I guess the upside to the wretched trip is that it squashed my desire to try anything else.

Can’t wait to wait to have this conversation with my daughters

| January 23, 2006 @ 2:18 pm

4. surcie said,

Good Lord, even your comments are funny! I’m off to find out who these women are.

| January 24, 2006 @ 3:19 am

5. Marque said,

I have decided I love you. You are my bestest fwend. But, I am trying not to be jealous of you since I have been blogging for a few months now and I think I’m funny and pretty damn cool, but I never get comments (hardly ever). WTF? I am here all day with my little one – and I need to hear from other women – I am feeling insecure.

Drugs – funny. I agree with heatheranne that my idol is Karen on Will and Grace. I was just diagnosed with ADD, OCD and some other abbreviated diseases – which means, lots of great drugs – YEA. Adderall is the bomb. And – I need zoloft for PMDD. And, um, valium for anxiety. And, um…

| January 25, 2006 @ 4:00 am

6. IzzyMom said,

lol…this one made me roar. I’m the world’s worst pot smoker. This sucks for me because almost everyone I know is a pot smoker. And I’m talking extremely responsible, productive members of society; much more so than myself even. So they all go outside to have an attitude adjustment and I’m just twiddling my thumbs wishing that that particular vice agreed with me. But alas, I get paranoid, tired, hungry and it makes my shoulders burn. Yes, it makes my shoulders burn like I’ve been holding a 25 lb baby over my head for a good 10 minutes. I liked all the other fun drugs pretty well, too, including ecstasy, but as I hope you correctly assumed, I haven’t done those in years and years.

But it’s good to see you’re up on your rappers even if your’e not raving. This proves that you are, in fact, NOT old. An old person wouldn’t know who Ludacris was, let alone how to spell his stupid name 😉

| January 28, 2006 @ 9:18 pm

7. adare accommodation said,

I was searching blogs,and I found yours.Please,
    accept my congratulations for your excellent work!
    If you have a moment, please visit my adare accommodation site.
    Have a good day!

| July 10, 2006 @ 1:22 pm

This is very interesting site…

| August 16, 2006 @ 9:14 pm