8 MONTHS OLD!!!

My daughter turned 8 months old today! Happy birthday precious! Naturally we threw her a huge party like we do every month. But because money was a little tight this past few weeks, we only spent $4000 and not the usual 8 grand. I have a feeling she didn’t even notice. I mean, the little tulip is only 8 months old! She doesn’t know the difference between Osetra and Beluga caviar…yet.

I guess the only drawback was the entertainment. She really really wanted the Dave Matthew’s Band, or DMB as she babbles, to play but that would’ve been over our budget. So we made the mistake of hiring a DMB cover band for $800 dollars and figured she wouldn’t know the difference. Wrong. She cried through all three of their sets. Especially when they played Ants Go Marching. Hell, you would’ve thought my little turtle dumpling was teething or something.

On the brightside, the moonbouncer was a big hit again with only 17 injuries to infants as opposed to 40 from last month. I guess the little buggers get a little sturdier every day! Only 6 of the babies required hospitalization so YAY!!

Anyway, I think the 230 babies and kids that came to the party had a really good time (except the injured ones). They all left with giftbags containing Coco Chanel parfume and powder, Mac Lip Glosser in assorted colors (7 of them), Gucci baby clutches and DMB coverband CD’s.

So thanks to all the mommies who came down and celebrated with us. See you next month!!

Love,

Stefanie

Posted by Stefanie Wilder Taylor on July 12, 2005 11:02 pmUncategorized7 comments

1. marriedman said,

I’m telling YOUR boss…..

| July 12, 2005 @ 11:24 pm

2. Layla said,

I hired a Bruce Springsteen cover band from my son’s 1st birthday and it was a big hit.

YOU ARE TOO FUNNY. I love your sense of humor and wit.

| July 13, 2005 @ 12:47 am

3. The Wife said,

Holy fuck you are funny! Good job with the party and all. Are you up to planning events for other people? I turn 30 this year you know.

| July 13, 2005 @ 1:50 am

4. allison said,

Stefanie or should I say (Mommy)- Save a few thousand bucks and take your daughter and her little friends to one of those “traveling carnivals” where the prizes are either
    1. an oversized replica of Gumby
    2. a small replica of Gumby
    3. 8×10 frosted Metallica mirror
    4. 8×10 frosted Jack Daniels mirror
    5. mini basketball you have to inflate yourself
    6. a teddy bear wearing a faux burberry shirt
    7. godzilla wearing a g Unit throwback jersey

The kids will love it. Put them on the “Cups” ride where it goes around in a circle (sideways) while spinning. They’ll probably cry but the carnie will have The Scorpions blaring so loud it will mask the screaming.

just my $.02

| July 13, 2005 @ 2:03 am

5. sarcastic journalist said,

Um yeah, but did you get her the Cinderella Carriage Dream Bed?

If you didn’t, you’re a bad, bad mommy and I’m telling.

| July 13, 2005 @ 2:42 am

6. Surcie said,

You had me at gift bags.

| July 15, 2005 @ 5:47 pm

7. chris said,

I think you should update, lest people think you’re hanging out at the mall all day eating $4 cookies.

| August 14, 2005 @ 4:00 am